I'm moving...You're being redirected

I am moving my blog over to www.writtenbydonna.com. You are going to be automatically redirected.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Rearranged

This week has involved an awful lot of restlessness on my part. Fortunately I had plenty to do to fill my time.

- I rearranged my blog (for both of my 2 followers). I couldn't find a header I liked so I made my own. I don't like it as much as one I made for a friend a while back (you can see it here) but I am going to stick with it for a while - at least until I get bored with it.

- I rearranged my living room. For those who don't know, my living situation is very much less than ideal right now. We are renting my sister's very small home for a year until my husband returns from his latest deployment. We left a house that was between 2200-2400 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, laundry room, separate family and living rooms, 2 car garage, with storage galore and moved into a 2 bedroom, 1 bath, no garage, nor storage 600 (?) square foot home. It has been quite the lifestyle adjustment. I have a very near teenage boy (1 month away), a very pre-teen, already hormonal, 9-year-old girl and a dog who thinks she is still a puppy but is really quite large and takes up half the free space in the living room. The advantage to this living arrangement is that my parents live next door and my brother and sister-in-law, Ruth, and their family live just around the corner. Ruth is one of my best friends and I love their kids so this part is fun. The downside is that I can't stand to hear people breathe, or chew, or move. All of those actions happen far too often in my home. I hear/feel everything! This leads to not much time to actually think or write. My living room was very cluttered and it is where I spend most of my time so I decided to rearrange. It made such a big difference and I was able to write and clear my head. It also makes me much more relaxed because I don't walk in and feel like I am being consumed by a much-too-small house.

- I rearranged my brain and my book. I spent several days not writing. I decided to add a bit to my very rough outline. It helped so much! Details that I had been questioning started to fall into place and I became refocused. I get very easily distracted and I have to refocus often.

And just for fun I thought about my favorite reasons for deciding to write women's/contemporary romance. One of the top items on my list is imagining my male characters (who are all remarkably hot - please see note about my husband being deployed) and that wonderful feeling of falling in love. Ever since previews for The Lucky One came out (I haven't seen it yet because it hasn't come to our town) I have imagined Zac Efron as almost all of my male characters. When I see the previews of him with the girl I think to myself "She IS the lucky one!" And now that he is older it doesn't make me as much of a nasty old cougar for thinking he is smokin' hot (after all he is only 10 years younger than me)! Seriously, I miss my husband.

5 comments:

  1. Haha Donna, I love it. I am so glad that you were thinking like me. I like me some hot bods. Definitely a good way to get the blog hoppin;! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, my husband is right here and I still think about Zac Efron as my male leads. Or Damon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm. Damon. I need to work him into my story somewhere...

      Delete
  3. Hey, I'm so glad to have found your blog through Ruth's! I never saw your old header but I love your new one! And that hottie pic's not so bad to look at either. ;)

    Welcome to the writer's blogging world. I'm a newbie as well so let's stick together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found me too, Leslie! It is nice to know there are other newbies out there.

      Delete