I'm moving...You're being redirected

I am moving my blog over to www.writtenbydonna.com. You are going to be automatically redirected.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Nerves

Clipart Credit: clipartguide.com

Today will be my first real test of confidence as a writer. So far I have been a writer only in that I have said I am a writer (and I have been secretly typing at my computer, pecking away at my WIP). However, this morning I am going to a writer's group, one that I have been to as an observer before, and today I am taking my first pages of my WIP! I am so nervous. The butterflies in my stomach have started a super summer party. This will be the first time since high school that anybody has seen my writing. I figure if I want to be published eventually I will have to show my work to somebody, right? Or is there a way to avoid this step of showing my work?

10 comments:

  1. No, there's no way to avoid this step and really, while it can be scary, it's a great step. The fact that your feel confident and ready to learn and grow is amazing! Good luck taking it to the next level!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It turned out to be a great experience that helped me a lot!

      Delete
  2. I hope your experience went well! I only took that first step myself recently and I was pretty nervous too! But I learned so much and it was well worth the anxiety and embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support, Leslie! It is so great knowing there is somebody else going through the same stuff as me at close to the same time. Sometimes I feel like I am the only newbie out there. :) It went very well today and I didn't even vomit from nerves.

      Delete
  3. We were nice, right? I was really impressed with your writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were all super nice. I appreciated all the feedback I got. It was wonderful and I have already worked on some of the suggested revisions (while ignoring others because I am so awesome I didn't need to change them).

      Delete
  4. Hey Donna! Cute blog! I love it!
    And congrats on going to a writers group! That's awesome. I remember being at that point. I think I made myself physically ill. Now I've developed thick skin and I love learning how to improve and get better. :) Good luck! I hope you have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leigh! I really did start getting sick and almost ran out before it was my time to read. I'm glad I stuck it out though. It was very helpful.

      I'm sorry I missed meeting you at Storymakers. Ruth speaks very highly of you.

      Delete
  5. Hi, Donna! I came over to follow your blog. :) NA writers have to stick together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carrie! I didn't even know this genre existed until recently so I am so excited to have people to look to for inspiration!

      Delete